File under "Shit I Don't Normally Do":
- Attend a show with the intention of seeing all three performing bands
- Make anything with glutinous rice flour or green tea powder
- Engage in impromptu home decor projects that involve lighting/wall hanging hardware
- Splurge on clothing without at least several weeks' forethought
Then file under "Reasons It Was Worth It":
- Ha Ha Tonka, Cory Chisel and Murder By Death all killed it. The rock-out was continuous for three solid hours (thanks, great music + tequila-spiked coffee).
- Glutinous rice flour looks hilarious before it's molded into mochi. Imagine microwaving The Blob, then smothering it in flour.
- My reading nook looks so fucking cool. All I want to do upon coming home is lie on the floor and bask in this birdcage light.
- The new dress rocks. It's comfortable, it matches my shoes, it makes me feel saucy.
Sometimes it's nice to shake things up a little.
Give me two things you're doing this week that aren't the typical "you." And hey--let me know how it works out, would ya?